At Innovation, we’re more than just a group of people helping you with your banking needs. Credit cards, mortgages, loans, and no-fee bank accounts aside, we pride ourselves in being part of the Saskatchewan community. So, it’s only fair that we do our part in contributing to Saskatchewan’s growth.
We believe that funding local projects can leave a long-lasting impact. Our community grant program was initiated with a sole objective in mind – making a difference by improving the social, economic, cultural and environmental state of the communities we serve.
Take Eastend School Community Council for example. It was an absolute honour to award them a grant, which was then used to support their playground upgrades. Supporting the development of the community is an aspect that Innovation Credit Union takes very seriously.
The Innovation Credit Union Community Development Grant Program is intended for one-off project-based proposals in which financial assistance is required to start something new or to assist with large purchases that are not normally possible.
Can I apply for a grant?
The criteria are split into two parts that explain what kind of organizations we can provide funding to and those that are not eligible to apply.
If your organization is eligible, we’ll consider you and your project with all other applicants for the year. The applying organization must be an Innovation Credit Union member in good standing.
- Non-Profit Organizations (may or may not have a registered charity number)
- Educational Institutions*
- Licensed Early Learning and Childcare Centres
*Innovation Credit Union will provide funding to Education Institutions for the following initiatives and/or projects: after-school programs, playground structures, science fairs and student clubs and organizations.
- Competition, membership, or registration fees
- Conferences, tradeshows, conventions, seminars, or annual general meetings
- Creation and/or publication of books, videos, brochures, or websites
- Individuals or individual pursuits benefiting one or few people
- Political or religious organizations
- Recreational team sponsorship
- Research funding
- School funding includes career and professional development, classroom supplies, annual fees, salaries, and school field trips/tours
- Team uniform funding
- Travel funding (provincial, national, or international)
All eligible Community Development Grant applications must be submitted through our online application to be considered for funding.
More grant details
The minimum funding request per organization is $2,500/year. The maximum funding request per organization is set at $25,000/year.
We’d like to specify a few key details with regards to this grant:
- Only 1 application per organization will be considered for review annually.
- We welcome all applicants to re-apply the following year.
- The funding may be granted in full or in part.
- You may be eligible for additional funds if you’re applying for a grant in Pierceland, SK or Goodsoil, SK. Please remember to check both the Community Grant and Legacy Fund options on the form when you apply.
When can I apply?
Innovation Credit Union’s grant runs every year. Organizations can apply anytime between January 1st to July 31st of each year. Any submissions after 31st July will not be considered.
The next step is processing your applications. The hard-working members of the Community Development Grant Committee will be reviewing each application carefully and selecting the successful applicants by September 30th. All the successful applicants will be notified by October 15th.
To summarize these key dates:
Active Application Period: January 1st to July 31st.
Selection of successful applicants: September 30th
Successful applicants are notified: October 15th.
How do I apply?
Simply complete our online application form before the July 31st deadline.
If you have any questions, you can always call us on 1.866.446.7001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d be happy to help answer any questions you have with your application.
Please note that any attachments or supplemental material can be sent to email@example.com.
Here’s a sneak peek into the list of winners of the grant from previous years
We can’t wait to see what you’ve got in store for us and for Saskatchewan!